Monday, January 26, 2009

I Wish I Had A Creative Title

We didn't really do anything this week, so our highlight was family home evening. We made cards, and played a Scooby-Doo game. Glen also came home with a push up game that they do at work, which he modified for the kids. He took a deck of Uno cards and had each kid draw a card. They had to do the amount of push ups on the card. Special cards were 10 and Wild cards were 20. Surprisingly enough, the kids had a blast. We ended up switching to sit ups and killer jack rabbits part way through the deck (except for Jayson who loves to do push ups). The kids thought it was great and it got a little bit of their wiggles out. I'm sure they will feel it tomorrow. Ashleigh and Jayson have gym in the morning, hopefully they don't have to do push ups then as well. Aside from that, it was pretty much just our busy life as usual. Unless, of course, you count being late for church on Sunday because my wonderful kids decided to empty all of our textbooks, novels and other random books off the book case, plus all of the bedding from all 5 beds into Aaric's room. We couldn't even open the door. This, naturally, had to happen right before we were supposed to leave for church, so we ended up missing most of sacrament meeting. I guess it is a good thing these kids are so darn cute. If I didn't have to play the piano, I would have put them all to bed and just stayed home. Anyway, I really don't have anything exciting to say. So I guess I will just go now. Maybe next week we will actually do something worth writing about. I did get a few good pictures from family home evening though. Ashleigh is doing sit ups, Jayson is doing diamond push ups, and Elly is doing killer jack rabbits. Aaric was just hanging out on the couch waiting for his turn, and Jeremiah was coloring for the first time (he didn't even eat the crayons, I was impressed!!!).

1 comment:

Ellura said...

I might lose wieght if I tried a game like that! It looks like they had a blast.