Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday


So, last night I realized that we had done anything "blog worthy" all week. I didn't have any pictures or anything. Elly and Jeremiah and I went and watched Glen shoot on Friday, and I was going to take pictures of that, but Jeremiah fell asleep and some how managed to sleep through all of that noise. We were in an observation room, but it wasn't sound proof and any time someone opened the door it was really loud. The baby never even moved. I just couldn't figure out a way to hold a crashed baby and take a picture, so no picture. Maybe next time. My kids were so excited about the super bowl last night. We, of course, were hoping that the Steelers would lose, but obviously that didn't happen. Ashleigh and Jayson watched all the way to the 4th quarter when I made them go to bed. They even timed their showers so that they took them during half time. Aaric actually sat and watched the whole time too, although I think his priority was the food, not the game. Ashleigh and Jayson love football. They were hoping that we would let them stay up for the whole game, but tired kids on Monday morning did not seem like the way I wanted to start off the week. They were disappointed that they didn't show a single Seahawks game down here all season. I suppose that is OK since they didn't do so well this year, but in true Seahawk fan fashion I guess I can say they will do better next year. Glen likes to tell me I'm starting to sound like my Dad. Ever since Glen has known him, he has always said "next year they'll make it to the Superbowl", and every year Glen would just laugh. At least, until one day he realized that he was cheering for the Seahawks as well. Of course the year that Glen met me was the year that the Bronco's won the Superbowl (and he is from Colorado). But now I have turned him over to the dark side and he is a Seahawks fan. He still keeps tabs on his Bronco's though. Last year a little boy (who happened to be a Dolphin's fan) was making fun of Ashleigh for wearing a Seahawks shirt, and she said to him, "who are you laughing at your team hasn't even won a game yet?" He left her alone after that. Well I am out of things to write about, and I am tired of Elly climbing on me and elbowing me because she isn't getting my undivided attention, so I guess I better go.

No comments: