Monday, January 12, 2009

Again with the Title

Well, I am not very original with titles, as looking at my past post would prove. I can never think of anything clever, but if I leave it blank it just says untitled. So, I opt for titles that are just as lame, but at least aren't titled "untitled". This week was a pretty eventful, which I guess is to be expected when there are 5 kids in the house. Since Christmas we have been trying to decide the best use of the present from my Grandpa, we opted to go to dinner at Red Robin, I mean who doesn't like food. Besides with 5 kids it isn't very often we eat out, and when we do it is usually
fast food, so it was nice to go somewhere that has real menus and servers. Plus it is nice and noisy in there so no one really noticed how noisy my kids where. As soon as we got home the kids were like we need to write him a thank you note, that was lots of fun!!! So at least I have grateful kids, even if they are noisy. The pictures are a little blurry because my phone doesn't have a flash on it. Saturday, we were on our way to a primary activity, a meet and greet for the kids to meet their new teachers for the year. The bishopric even made the pancakes. I didn't have to put the work into it, but I thought it was nice and the kids had a great time. Of course getting to it couldn't be uneventful. It snowed the night before, and on our way to the church, the road got really bumpy (at least that was what we thought), and then our tire light came on. Anyway, we got to change a tire in the snow on the side of the highway, and of course the tire is completely destroyed because we drove on it for a little while. At least the rim is still good. We couldn't find the handle to the jack so Glen got to try use the jack with a screwdriver that was too big for the hole. Of course while I was putting the bad tire into the back of the car I saw that the jack handle was attached to the panel that he had to remove to get the jack and lug nut wrench out of the back. So at least he had the handle to lower the the car. He felt pretty smart, and he will be soooooo excited that I posted it for everyone to read about. I guess that is what happens when your not the one writing the blog. Ashleigh turned 10 on Sunday. We made a batch of cookies and put the candle in it, since we aren't actually having her party until next weekend. So, she got that and a kitkat bar. So anyway, Primary does spotlight for the kids every week and because it is the beginning of the year, I got to help Elly and Aaric fill theirs out. They were pretty cute. So I was going to put down some of the favorites, because Paula put her daughter's on their blog and I thought it was cute. Besides everyone knows I'm not really creative enough to come up with something like that on my own.
Aaric
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Food: Macaroni and Cheese
Least Fav Food: Onions
Favorite Dessert: Cake and Ice cream
Favorite Drink: Dr Pepper (very Mormon of him, I know)
Special Talent: Soccer and Kickball
Favorite Hobby: Hot wheels, Skateboard and riding bikes
Favorite Holiday: Valentines Day (although I think this changes to coincide with every holiday)
Favorite Subject: Math
Least Fav Subject: Writing (because he has to sit still)
Favorite Movie/TV show: Wall-e/Scooby-Doo
Favorite Animal: Dinosaur (Triceratops)
Want to be when grows up: Military Police
Fav Primary Song: Once there was a Snowman
Elly
Favorite Color: Purple Favorite Food: Bell Peppers and Mashed Potatoes (not together)
Least Fav Food: Hot Peppers
Favorite Dessert: Popcorn
Favorite Drink: Water and Apple Cranberry Juice
Special Talent: Singing
Favorite Hobby: Dress Up
Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Favorite Movie: Beauty and the Beast
Favorite Animal: Monkey
Favorite Primary Song: Wise Man and the Foolish Man

No comments: