Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas and New Year

We went back to Colorado for Christmas this year. Not that it is too surprising, since we have gone back every year that Glen has been in the Air Force. Obviously some of us were more excited to be up when it was still dark out Christmas morning that others. Glen was the lucky one who got to be sick Christmas morning. The first week that we were there everyone ended up getting sick (except me). The kids did a lot of laying around and sleeping that first week. That was of course great fun. Actually the calm sleeping kids wasn't too bad. It was the rest of it that was perfectly awful. Elly everyday for about 2 weeks before we left asked if today was the day we got to go see Grandma Ellura. The kids had a great time seeing their cousins and Aunts and Uncles. They were super excited to spend New Year's Eve there. It just isn't the same when we are home by ourselves for that. Maybe it would be a little more exciting if we actually had friends, but I guess that is life when you are weird like we are. I keep thinking maybe we will meet other people that are just a strange as we are, but I'm pretty sure there isn't. Jeremiah had a terrific time getting into a new cabinet. He loves to pull everything out of them. Even with child latches on mine he still manages to squeeze his little arm in and empty out my oatmeal and rice all over the kitchen floor. He loved the cabinet at my parents especially since we couldn't find a way to make it child proof. Those spinning ones just don't work with latches. We even tried putting the trash can in front of it, which didn't work because he would just empty that and then move it so that he could get into the cabinet. Its a good thing he is so darn cute. I do like his evil little smile in this picture, it is quite fitting. No wonder the kids like visiting their Grandma, she is just as crazy as they are. Elly was very excited about the Burger King crown, of course she didn't want to wear it. She usually makes me wear it, but with Grandma there I was off the hook this time. Jeremiah's little head didn't fit so well in the crown, but he didn't seem to care. And here is a cute picture of Joshua at his first Christmas. He got all kinds of toys. I think he was more excited about the wrapping paper than he was the toys. That is probably why he loved that crinkly book. It sounds just like wrapping paper. Well, now that I have rambled on forever, I suppose I will go. I really never have much to say.









1 comment:

The Byrdhouse said...

you are hilarious! Man, I'm gonna miss Sundays. You were the only one I ever got to talk to. Now I am too busy chasing 8- 18 month olds!