Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

We have spent most of this week getting ready for Christmas. The kids had all kinds of fun stuff to do this week. This picture is from the base tree lighting party. It isn't the best quality picture since it is a scanned Polaroid, but its cute and has all of the kids in it. The base always has lots of fun stuff to do with the kids. The tree lighting was cold, but afterwards they had snacks and hot cocoa, and of course Santa and Mrs. Clause, so the kids thought it was great. They had a game room with 3 different Wii's and games set up and a bunch of pool tables, so Glen and I had fun trying to teach the older 3 how to play pool (of course Glen had to resort to cheating to finish the game since neither of us are any good at pool anymore). We bought and decorated our tree this week also. The kids got milk and cookies after and I was going to take a picture of the kids with our tree, but of course I never got around to it. Glen's squadron has a Christmas party for the kids also. They have the kids sit on Santa's lap and they get a present (of course we provide the present) Santa had a hard time with Ellura's name and so when he got to Aaric he was afraid to even try to pronounce it. The kids thought it was kind of funny. Jeremiah cried when he sat on his lap. We even managed to finish all of our Christmas shopping, and got them all wrapped. Of course now that I think about it, I just remembered another present that is sitting in our shed, hopefully I will remember to wrap it before we leave. So anyway I have all kinds of cute new pictures of the kids from all of our holiday fun, maybe someday I will get around to updating my flickr account, then again maybe not. The kids are so excited to go to Colorado in a few weeks. Well that is about it. I never really have anything exciting to say, I guess it is a good thing I only update this once a week, or no one would ever read this ( I suppose I'm not really even sure anyone reads it as it is =)).

1 comment:

Ellura said...

grandma reads your post, and of course, she is the most important!