Monday, May 4, 2009

Air and Space Museum

This weekend I took the kids to the Air and Space Museum. April is the month of the Military Child, so they had free admission for the kids, plus free rides in the flight simulators. Ashleigh and Jayson were tall enough for the ride, but Aaric, Elly and of course Jeremiah were not. They got to ride the quarter machine. At least they were happy with the alternative. I have tons of pictures, so I am posting a bunch (that is for you Glen, so that you get to see what it is that your kids have been doing ;-) )They got to see an exhibit on the brain and how neuropathways work. They had lots of little hands on projects that demonstrated how they worked. I'm not sure the kids even realized what they were, they just had fun playing with the balls and watching the paths light up. They also had an exhibit on air flow, if you stoppered one end of the tube it would launch the balls out of the other end. I think that was Jeremiah and Aaric's favorite. They played there for about half an hour, and were distracted by it again as we were trying to leave. They also had a ton of different planes, some of them, the kids could go sit in the cockpit. They also had a to size model of the cockpit of a helicopter. They had a lot of fun there. They were glad to go do something fun after spending about an hour waiting for me to mail off a package to Glen. I guess that is what happens when they only have one person working the weekend before Mother's Day. We will see how long it takes for him to get it. Ashleigh has been working really hard recently on her multiplication. She was having a problem with the timed tests. She knew her facts, but had a difficult time concentrating when the timed test were given. I bribed her with a Webkinz if she could get 100% (she had been getting 30%, and no I am certainly not to good for bribery, whatever works). She had a test she got a 94% on after that and decided she really wanted the Webkinz and her very next test she got 100%. To her excitement 3 tests in a row she has scored 100 on and has now reached the status in her class of Multiplication Master. She is so proud of herself. Of course we are very excited for her also. This weekend when I was checking my email, I read my funny quote of the day, which was, This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer.
Will Rogers (1879 - 1935). I thought the quote by itself was amusing enough, but not 5 minutes later Jeremiah comes walking into my room carrying a hammer. He had pulled it out of the boys tool bag. So I was thinking that we had been doing pretty good with Glen gone until I looked back over last weeks blog and realized that this has only been the third week. Jeremiah misses his Daddy too. This past weekend Glen sent us a picture from his webcam. Every time Jeremiah would see it, he would get really excited about it and start smiling and calling for his Dad. Now










every time I open up my computer, he comes over and starts begging for his picture of Daddy. I recorded him looking at it, so I am posting that as well. I thought it was awfully cute. I could have sworn that it has been longer than that. We are doing pretty good, it just seems like much more time should have passed by now. Glen is getting ready to submit his paperwork for reenlistment. He should have it in by the end of the week, and hopefully about 10 days from then we should know whether or not he has been approved. He will feel much better knowing for sure that he gets to stay in. So we have about 7 weeks left I think until he gets back. Of course my parents are probably more excited about the fact that we are going to Colorado to visit in about 3 weeks. Maybe that will help time pick up a little bit more. I get kind of bored sitting at home all evening watching CSI (not that I don't love CSI, but I guess it just goes to show how much of a social life I don't have!!!!) Anyway, that about covers this past week, the kids have less than 3 weeks left of school. They are excited about summer break coming soon, I am just glad that I only have to survive about 3 weeks of it on my own. Most of it we will be in Colorado.

No comments: